The Mid-West Planning District (MWPD) is responsible to ensure that submitted plans conform to the existing Zoning By-Laws for the property.
We are now offering online permit applications. Create your account and apply online for your development permit today!
There are many rules around parking lots within each municipal zoning by-law. Please read your Municipal Zoning & Building By-Laws for specifications. Development Permit applications for a parking lot must include:
- Completed Development and Building Permit Application
- Completed Site Plan with all parking lot measurements.
- Copy of the plans/drawings for our records
- Fees in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
INSPECTIONS & PENALTIES
The Mid-West Planning District (MWPD) is to be notified once the parking lot is competed.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of 24 Hours Notice is required when booking inspections (weekend not included);
- If the work is not ready for inspection or you need to cancel, please contact the MWPD office as soon as possible;
- It is the responsibility of the APPLICANT to arrange for all inspections.
- The MWPD assumes no responsibility for inspections that were not scheduled.
- Inspections may be performed at random as determined by the Building Inspector.
The following are subject to Penalty Fees in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law:
- Any structure installed prior to the appropriate permits being obtained.
- Where the work is not ready for the time of the scheduled inspection.
- Where project deficiencies result in repeated inspections by the inspector