The Mid-West Planning District (MWPD) is responsible to ensure that submitted plans conform to the existing Zoning By-Laws for the property.
We are now offering online permit applications. Create your account and apply online for your development permit today!
Development Permit applications for a permanent playground structure must include:
- Completed Development and Building Permit Application
- Completed Site Plan
- Copy of the plans/drawings for our records
- Fees in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
INSPECTIONS & PENALTIES
The Mid-West Planning District (MWPD) is to be notified prior to any foundation installation/pour.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of 24 Hours Notice is required when booking inspections (weekend not included);
- If the work is not ready for inspection or you need to cancel, please contact the MWPD office as soon as possible;
- It is the responsibility of the APPLICANT to arrange for all inspections.
- The MWPD assumes no responsibility for inspections that were not scheduled.
- Inspections may be performed at random as determined by the Building Inspector.
The following are subject to Penalty Fees in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law:
- Any structure installed prior to the appropriate permits being obtained.
- Where the work is not ready for the time of the scheduled inspection.
- Where project deficiencies result in repeated inspections by the inspector