The Mid-West Planning District (MWPD) is responsible to ensure that submitted building plans and required drawings meet the Manitoba Building Code and Manitoba Plumbing Code. Residential Building Permits and Plumbing Permits are issued concurrently. Inspections are required according to the complexity of the plans submitted and are unique to the project.
We are now offering online permit applications. Create your account and apply online for your building, plumbing or demolition permit today!
Plumbing permits are required for new construction of all buildings, building additions, alterations, repairs, renovations and include plumbing rough-ins, hookups and relocations. Plumbing Permits are issued in conjunction with the Building Permits.
Plumbing Permit applications not associated with a Building Permit must include:
- Completed Development and Building Permit Application.
- Completed Plumbing Application.
- Floor plan / layout of the proposed work to be completed.
- Letter of Authorization is required if you are applying on behalf of the landowner.
- Fees in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
INSPECTIONS & PENALTIES
The Mid-West Planning District (MWPD) is to be notified at each of the following stages of construction, as applicable:
- Rough-Ins for Plumbing, Ventilation
- Under Basement Floor Plumbing Rough-In, Tile Leaders & Sump Pit;
- Soil Gas Barrier & Interior Drainage Stone;
- Pre-Final, Interior Operations, Finishes & Life Safety (Incl. Fire Stopping) Prior to Occupancy or Public Showing;
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of 24 Hours Notice is required when booking inspections (weekend not included);
- If the work is not ready for inspection or you need to cancel, please contact the MWPD office as soon as possible;
- It is the responsibility of the APPLICANT to arrange for all inspections.
- The MWPD assumes no responsibility for inspections that were not scheduled.
- Inspections may be performed at random as determined by the Building Inspector.
- This list is not all-inclusive. There may be additional inspections required at the discretion of the Building Inspector.
The following are subject to Penalty Fees in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law:
- Any plumbing that is commenced prior to the appropriate permits being obtained.
- Where the work is not ready for the time of the scheduled inspection.
- Where project deficiencies result in repeated inspections by the inspector.
- Where the work has been covered and the inspector is unable to perform the required inspection. (this may also require invasive structural inspection at the applicant/contractor’s expense)