- Construction without a permit;
- Conducting a land use in contravention of zoning regulations;
- Swimming pools without required enclosures/fencing.
Actions that Trigger Potential Violations
1. Complaint(s) Received from the public
Complaints shall be filed by completing a Violation Complaint form and submitting it to the MWPD by fax, email, regular mail, or in-person. See our contact details. Please ensure that all sections of the form are completed in full. Incomplete forms will not be investigated.
2. MWPD staff finding a violation
Potential violations may be identified while travelling through the Planning District.
3. On-Site Code Violations
While executing inspections for open permits, violations may be noticed.
4. Violations where no record of development is available
When a development has been identified and there is no prior record of development for the land parcel in question, it shall be determined a violation has occurred.
See MWPD's 2-2019: Violations Administration policy for more details and the process for violations.