A Demolition Permit is required prior to demolishing or removing any building with a floor area greater than 120 ft2 from any property located within the Mid-West Planning District (MWPD). The elimination of a building from a property affects that property's assessment and taxes. The MWPD is responsible for notifying Manitoba Assessment of all building demolitions and removals associated with a Demolition Permit issued by the MWPD.
When demolishing or removing a building, it shall be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the following:
- Site safety is maintained as per Part 8 of the Manitoba Building Code: Safety Measures at Construction and Demolition Sites.
- Compliance with all applicable Municipal By-law regulations and procedures.
- All applicable Utilities are disconnected and secured.
- The area is fenced and secured during demolition and clean-up (if applicable).
- After demolition/removal, the site must be cleaned up, i.e.:
- removal of old foundation
- ground filled and leveled
- site made safe as to the satisfaction of the Designated Officer.
Demolition Permit applications must include:
- Completed Demolition Application.
- Site Plan showing which buildings/structures on the property are being demolished/removed (If all buildings are being demolished/removed, a Site Plan is not required).
- Letter of Authorization is required if you are applying on behalf of the landowner.
- Permit Fee in accordance with the MWPD’s Fee Structure By-Law.